Tuesday 21 February 2012

Junk shop-ping and snow



 Junk shopping in Berlin is interesting. Mostly trash- really, just trash but sometimes you get treasures. There are hundreds of plates and cups, odd vases, strange ceramic sculptures... odd and random over priced furniture, clocks, toy cards, tools, pens (who buys old biros??).... old lady handbags... and usually a distressing large amount of old clothes. They always smell soooooooo bad. 

Today the best shop was one that was CRAMED with just about everything. My brother spotted a bottle of white wine from 73... it looked off. The floor was really worn and damaged- holes had been covered with sheets of metal and the walls were in bad need of paint and repair. It was just the sheer amount of things- floor to ceiling. The old lady watching was wrapped up like a small snowman- apparently the heating had failed. I bet the huge stack of clothes get mouldy... but I still found a nice treasure...


An unopened dress pattern! Size 44 but I think the sizes are not what they seem....

I also found a sweet moss agate stone bead necklace I want to make into something prettier. I just love moss agate.

And threads!! he he he he he.... what super colours.


And back to the alphabet rug.... So far...

It looks lame but I was laying out the letters and colours...



I am hoping it looks better when altogether....Do you know what I think it really needs? Some sharp green. Hard to find. That nice apple green.... when I look at the threads it has the right mixture. Not too late to shove some in.... might have to go and buy some sharp colours.




This morning it was snowy too.... I got a snap of my brother on the terrace having his morning puff....in flip flops... He is not German but I think he fits in quite nicely. (Of course you know about germans and their sandal obsession, right? Although they always wear socks- what is with that???)


Oh! and just for fun! I love a good sense of humour. Bet this one had a wonky wheel.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...