Tuesday 14 June 2011

triangles....

Fighting with triangles.

I knew it would be tricky but I am wondering if I tackled it from the wrong angle. Would it be easier if I had made squares with the triangles instead of more triangles? I had to figure out the seam allowance on the triangles- trial and error!! AH! I don't think I have unpicked so much before but it will be worth it (isn't that just a sewing chant??!) and I am past, I hope, the hardest part.

So, some of the stages...


 From my scrap nightmare (or dream?) little wonky squares...


Trimming and making triangles.... I love my rotary cutter. Am I alone in the fact you try to get everything accurate and still it ends up short or slightly wonky? 

Annoying.


Lots of trimming...



Then finally a little fun of placing the white with the coloured middle... (see, triangle with triangle... tricky tricky!)



So, now the arrangement of colours and placement. The back I fancy busting more of my scraps by just randomly sewing the large scraps together so its a little colour bomb... we will see how much patience I have for that!

I see the end in sight!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...