Sunday 19 September 2010



Ok... so top layer now done. I have sewn on the light pink as shown here and I think I will use the black as the binding. For the back I have some fantastic pinky purple fabric with stars- It will look great! Now I need a quilting foot.... I don't have one and all the quilts I have done before haven't been machine sewn ontop- lets try something new!!

 

 


With the quilt so nearly at the final stages my fingers got itchy and I decided I wanted to make a rabbit. A normal 2D rabit is easy but I really want to make a nice fat 3D one... here is how it went.

When I first got my sewing maching I made this little guy- I drew a sea horse on paper, cut it out and stuck it togther. Then when I was happy with the shapes I unstuck it and make it from cloth. Very squint and hard sewing but this one is a keeper.


And here is how it goes so far with the rabbit...

 Paper sketches for ideas on how the head would be 3D. What zone I wanted to try and enlarge. Then making a small prototype from Fabric. I will give this to the kids at work if I don't like it too much but its coming along nicely- and it was fast to do. 2 hours I think. The body and arms I have sewn too but I need to buy filling.



  • Nose needs stabiliser- folds in with the triangle zone. Waiting for the wadding to see final product.
  • Ears could be a fraction bigger.
  • Eyes? Tail? Hmmm.

2 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

What is it about rabbits that makes them so satisfying to make? And they lend themselves beautifully to such things as floral fabric too, don't they? Can't wait to see him finished!

And the quilt is looking great too!

Ciara Brehony said...

What is it about rabbits that makes them so satisfying to make? And they lend themselves beautifully to such things as floral fabric too, don't they? Can't wait to see him finished!

And the quilt is looking great too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...